I AM BACK !
For those who could not decipher my ‘brilliantly’ written poem, I went out of station to a place very much in India with no cell-phone signal and Internet (Broadband? What’s that??). But the reactions that I did get to that piece warmed my heart, maybe if people can stomach it, I might be doling out more of my poetic abilities. I haven’t had time or the energy to reply but I will get around to it soon… I think!
I returned late in the afternoon on the 5th of September and straight collapsed on the bed! It was such a great, idle getaway from the hectic city-life that I was completely exhausted. And after i woke up, had to muster a lot of energy to prise my eyelids open, I remembered it was the day to submit for the Blog-a-Ton 2 competition.
I had nothing on me, and was sure I had no time to write before the stipulated 0000 hours on 6th September. But then I thought, why wait for the 3rd edition and at least, I can participate with whatever I can come up with. Well, I effectively landed up with a mess! Disarrayed thoughts and overflowing sentiments, all crammed into a post, looking god-knows-how, except I knew I had no time for research and only could write from my heart. It was not about winning but about being read, and what needs to be put across. Again I am blabbing!
Check out my post for the Blog-a-Ton 2! (For those who don’t know what is Blog-a-Ton, you can find it here)
I read several of the other heart-warming and beautiful posts and think it’s a privilege to be at least participating in the same platform as theirs (no mentioning names yet, but will do!)!
You can find all the other participants (and their respective links) at the end of my contest-post and anyone can vote for anyone! Just go here, read and post a comment. All before the 9th of September.
On a lighter note and a higher tenor (getting as high as you can get on Vodka!!) I have got something to show off!!! Since this is my first time, I’ll be going through all the proceedings (which I agree is a tad bit too complex, but who’s complaining, not me!).
There is this awesome blogger I came across, whose book reviews I swear by, and who has the most inane conversations and crazy escapades in her life, who has a ‘thirsty’ heart (vodka, anyone?!) found at *uncorked known to everyone as V. Her blog is a complete addiction and she gave ME an award!!! Damn!!!!
As V quaintly pointed out there are a ‘sh*tload of rules’ with the award and she’s too lazy, however I’ll be going through them all (happy to oblige this time)!
- Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
- Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
- Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
- Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List.
- Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
It took me time to post this because I really wanted to do this award a justice and really choose the best bloggers I know. The really Superior Scribblers I have the honour of reading have to be the following.
- Train of thought… Rohini is one of the most soulful writers I’ve ever read and one of my favourites. Add to that a beautiful heart. You’ll be hooked.
- Sidoscope: The science of stupidity!!!! Well the name says everything. And it takes talent. you won’t be able to stay away!
- Voices I’ve Heard This is one of the newer blogs I follow and had to acknowledge, touches the heart every time. A Superior Scribbler indeed!
- Hits and Misses Shruti is one of my latest favourites! The way she spins tales leaves me gaping!!
- The Unexplored side of ME My namesake and what a poet!
and I’ll break the rule to add one more that I cannot leave out at all…
- Live The Dream When Indian Pundit writes, everyone reads!
Enjoy the awards! Of course, few of you are already used to receiving them and all of you will be getting more of them in future! You deserve it, absolutely! Congrats!
N.B. Me winning the award by the way was not a surprise exactly, V did tell me earlier (before that it was a shock!) And I did make sure she won’t be changing her mind! 😀
Oh, still it may be aptly called ‘a surprise’… a surprise to you! “She got an award?!! :O”
Keep laughing and keep blogging!!!